Tuesday, June 13, 2017

MEST 1.61 Basic Rules available

I corrected a number of gaps which I inadvertently introduced in version 1.60 back in the year 2015! The corrected version is dated 2017.06.13

EDIT: 20171224 - Apparently I left out the Victory Conditions section, and so this is added to the page 12 now at the bottom of the Quick Reference Sheet.

Overview

Most of the changes are within the full-color rules.

  1. Initiative rules altered; who wins, and how many IP tokens are awarded and to whom
  2. Added Common Effects and explained how to read, create, and use armor and weapon effects.
  3. Added traits for Night-vision, Insane, Slippery, Trample, and Thrower.
  4. Added 16 pages of Assembly information under sample genres.
  5. Also updated Table of Contents.

Effects

With the new section for the sample genres I introduce "Effects" which are ways of renaming armor and weapons.  So an Average character with Sword could be renamed as "Wolverine" with "Synthetic Claws". This already existed as a concept but I made it more formal by declaring it within the sample genres section.

Additionally, I listed "Common Effects" which are combinations of useful traits that can be assigned to weapons, armor, or to characters directly. For example, the effect "Tactical Genius" can now be assigned to Acrobats or Brawlers to provide those characters +1 INT and +1 Tactics. Or, the effect "Swift" could be assigned to ... perhaps some character as "Magical Boots" and provide it +1 MOV and +1 REF.


Advanced Rules

I realize that the rules for Magic and Suppression, two rules I have been using for MEST, are not included in the Basic Game rules which I think is the correct choice. I also realize that the points-costing system I have the MEST 2.0 (Basic + Advanced Rules) is dramatically different than what is available for MEST 1.61; this is something that will need to happen because some traits are just too powerful. Until that set gets released, I hope everything else is acceptable for play.

Download

see here https://sites.google.com/site/mesttactics/downloads and also at the menu at the right for direct links.

No comments:

Post a Comment