Sunday, October 28, 2012

Some New Techniques

So I ended up selling a lot of my old school miniatures haul over at the LAF.
It was nice getting to spread the luck around a little bit. I have a few left though and I started going to work on them.

I have been experimenting with a few new techniques with them.

First off I primed my latest batch of miniatures differently.
Normally I prime black and dry-brush white.
This time, I started with a light brown primer (grey would work as well), followed by a top down white primer, followed by a black wash.
I noticed the the base colors went on very smooth and required a lot less work. I'm really happy with the results.
Next, I purchased a brown and a black Micro Pen for drawing on pupils. It would normally take several tries to even get something passable if I just used a brush.
I was really pleased with the results. Just see for yourself.

Top down white primer over brown, black wash, nearly finished product

Micro pen pupils
Another view