Monday, January 18, 2016

Shadows of Brimstone - Speed Painting WIP

I bought the Shadows of Brimstone swamp set a few months ago but never got around to painting any of them. The game itself seems like a great buy with tons of minis, cards, tiles and tokens but I have yet to play.
Be warned though, assembling the plastic minis was mind numbing. I have put together other plastic minis before, but for some reason these were pretty rough.
I used multiple layers of watered down white glue as an easy way to fill in the numerous gaps. 
My approach to painting these was sort of a rough sketch concept, quick and dirty but with (hopefully) interesting blended colors. I quickly got the paint down and added highlights inks and powders.
For the effort I made, I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

These things were orange at one point. Now they look more green and purple.

Tentacles!

Old west zombies!!!!

Bat Things! (these didn't photo very well)

The lot so far.

I still have the heroes and a huge night gaunt looking creature to go!
Hopefully I'll get them done sooner than later.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant petina to the brushwork. The bat things are fantastic figures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are nice. I have the same problem with a few of my larger D&D Miniatures pieces; the problem with the gaps. Next time I'll try the glue thing. Are those SoB figures around 28MM or are they more like 32MM or larger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robert Simon and 24_Cigarettes!
    The minis seem like your standard modern 28s so about 30mm
    There shouldn't be any issues with mixing them in with most lines

    ReplyDelete