Friday, August 31, 2018

Preparing for Dunjon of Death III-C :: The Tiles - WIP Painted Black

VISIT part III-B

Update

This is an update to the Dunjon of Death modular tiles project I've been working on.

There are 24 tiles here.

I mix glue with black paint to create my base coat. I'm following the same steps I identified for the connectors at Preparing for Dunjon of Death II :: The Doors

Here's the admixture swirled together. I'm using a 1-inch brush. I added some water to help thin it out a bit. My intent is to get through the process quickly before the glue dries or gets too thick.

First tile pulled at random from the pile.

With a bunch of glue. What I'm learning is that the MDF boards with the white surface should have been the bottom of my tiles. The glue and paint doesn't stick to it very well. I'll need to spray my tiles on those surfaces with black primer later.

This is all 24 tiles completed. Three sessions roughly 1.5 hours each. Total 4.5 hours. You can see where that white surface is showing on a few of the tiles; the paint and glue peels off. As mentioned; I'll need to spray that with black primer soon.

What's Next?

I will need to start painting the next coat of color; it will be dry-brushing in dark gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment