Friday, September 7, 2018

Preparing for Dunjon of Death III-D :: The Tiles - WIP Dry-brush Dark Gray

VISIT PART III-C

Update

Here's another update on the progress with the tiles.

I tend to work in bursts, and try to perform bulk tasks during each burst period. For the current period what I'm doing is dry-brushing a dark gray upon the interior of each dunjon tile.

Here's my todo. It's a lot of tiles. That gray on the right will be what I'm using.

I put the dark gray into a bowl, and I have a paper-towel to help spread the pigment evenly across the brush. I'm using a large brush because I want this to be quick work. The method is to use the flat sides of the brush to paint; any texture in the tiles will pick up the pigment and any nooks or crannies will be left black.

Almost done. 

Done. Let's see what these look like now ...

Here's the top-view of the recently (still wet) tiles with the dark-gray dry-brush. I tried to brush from inside each tile outwards to ensure that I don't get too much gray on the outside of the tiles; I want those black for now. You can see the details in the textures I've created "pop" out.

Here's my Ruga-ruga fighting some Hellhounds. The walls look much better now than before.

Ulp! Ruga-ruga against some sort of hulk-ish demon-thing. And one Hellhound.

What's Next?

I will need to add more texture through color. I'll be dry-brushing my tiles.

Here's what my next step will be; I'll be using a medium-gray and I'll dry-brush it against the bottoms of each wall going upwards about half-way to the top. This will make the walls a bit lighter so that I can add other details to it later.



No comments:

Post a Comment