Sunday, November 4, 2012

Basing Experiment

When I first started painting minis again, I used to base first, but I found that sand and grit would contaminant the miniatures while I was painting them. Ever since then I have been basing last. I've found that basing after you paint your models is a pain in the ass.

Looking back, I think it was mostly due to an error on my part. Not priming first, not cleaning my work area enough after basing and general sloppiness, so I've decided to base everything first again.

I also tried a different method for adding texture my bases. I brushed on thinned down GLUE, sprinkled on course sand and then immediately submerged in fine sane. I think this gives the bases a more natural appearance and I'm pleased with the results so far.

The lot.

A recently painted harpy.