I did an insane amount of manual labor just now given that I should be relaxing. My hope is that I get these hills in a good enough form to bring them up to KublaCon. I'm not sure I'll even be able to attend but one can always hope!
- Use soldering gun with a scratch-built copper filament; 10-awg.
- Cut out from 2" foam board that originally measured 24-in x 48-in.
- Primed with Krylon H20 Brown.
- Primed again lower parts with Krylon H20 Black.
- Dry-brush with medium brown.
- Dry-brush with tan.
- Dry-brush with cream.
- Acquire a flock-box [ big cardboard box with side cut-off ]
- Use Elmer's Glue [ PVA ] on bases and tops.
- Use bunches of Light Green flocking material upon the glue.
- Go as fast as possible.
|Re-spray over the brown with black.|
|Another view. The black is for the crevices.|
|After dry-brushing the medium brown.|
|Another view of the medium brown.|
|After dry-brushing the tan.|
|More of the tan.|
|After dry-brushing the cream.|
|More of the cream.|
|After flocking. This is a rush job.|
|Other elements flocked.|
|Stacking some of the hills.|
|Stacking stacking stacking.|
|Yay! More stacks!|
If I get more time I'll start adding moss, rocks, and other touches to make the hills look more organic. Until then these should be playable once I spray them down with fixative.